"WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A CFO"
12 Week Live Online Coaching Program
CFO LEADERSHIP COACHING
This coaching program is designed by MECA CFO Academy mainly for those mid-career Finance professionals who are targeting to become CFO within the next 5 years. By attending this program you will learn how to:
- Develop the right mindset to become a C-level executive
- Master the leadership competencies essential for the CFO role
- Apply the practical strategies and tools immediately to accelerate your career
The program is designed to equip you with the most practical tools and strategies in the shortest possible time to master the leadership skills. The current CFOs who want to sharpen their strategic and leadership skills will also substantially benefit from the program
MOST PRACTICAL CFO TRAINING
This 12-week CFO Coaching program is based on a unique CFO Leadership Competency Model developed by MECA CFO Academy for mid-career Finance professionals. The contents are carefully chosen to help you to take charge of your career by proactively managing and driving your own leadership development process. Through practical examples and tested strategies you will learn how to apply simple techniques to make big difference in your career.
The main features of the program are:
- A 12-Week, 18 Hour, Live Online Coaching Program
- Personally taught by Saleem Sufi, a prominent CFO Leadership Coach and Strategy Expert
- 90 Minute Weekly Interactive Coaching Sessions on Weekends
- Live Interactive Audio/Visual Coaching through GotoMeeting
- One Leadership Competency Covered Each Week with Follow up Readings and Assignments
- Participation from the Privacy and Comfort of Your Home on Weekends
- Complimentary seat at the 1-day live in-person workshop 'Mastering Presentation Skills for Finance Professionals'.
- Two 30 Minute Private One-on-One Consulting Sessions with the Program Master Coach Saleem Sufi.
- Program Completion Certificates issued by the American Institute of Executive Education (Program Affiliation Partner), based in New Jersey, USA.
This 12-week CFO Leadership Coaching program has been designed to provide you the necessary tools and relevant knowledge to help you take charge of your career and self leadership development process to accelerate your career growth.
CFO LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
‘What it Takes to Become a CFO’ program is built on a research based CFO Leadership Competency Model that comprises of 3 dimensions of the CFO Leadership and 10 critical leadership competencies that are essentially required for senior Finance roles today.
The three leadership dimensions are:
- Personal Leadership: Developing a strong self by building up character, energy, self-discipline and reputation.
- Public Leadership: Inspiring people around you with your communication, relationship, leadership style and service.
- Strategic Leadership: Establishing thought leadership and driving value creation process through strategic performance management.
This program mainly focuses on practical tips, techniques and tactics that you can quickly learn and apply to jumpstart your leadership journey.
STEP BY STEP APPROACH
Over a 12-week period, this program systematically takes you step by step through each leadership competency to build up a solid leadership foundation. It starts with working on your personal leadership skills resulting in strengthening your self-discipline. It then focuses on your public leadership competencies that leads to enhancing your influence. It finally focuses on sharpening your strategic knowlege and skills that transforms you into a strategic by creating the habit of strategic thinking.
By attending this 12-week coaching program you shall be able to:
- Understand the big picture of business world and top leadership talent. What really matters for the top leadership roles and how to remain competitive and in demand whether or not you are looking for a change.
- Laern the practical tools and techniques how to enhance your marketability and competitiveness for the top leadership positions.
- Apply simple tactics and strtegies immediately to boost your career for the long term.
After completing this program you will develop a completely differnt and fresh mindset to proactively manage your leadership development process and attract career progressing opportunities.
World's Most Practical CFO Leadership Training and Coaching
by MECA CFO Academy
A unique leadership development program for current and future CFOs
aimed to significantly enhance their strategic and leadership skills within a short period of time
12 WEEK PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Jan - March, 2017
OVERVIEW OF CFO LEADERSHIP COMPETENCY MODEL
What has changed in the business world recently and why a different approach is required for career management.
- New business model of 21st century
- What is lacking in Finance profession and how to bridge the gap
- Traditional CFO Leadership models
- New role of Finance and demands on the CFO
- What recruiters and executive search firms look into a CFO
- MECA CFO Leadership Competency Model - an overview
- Where do you stand - a self assessment
Session Goal: Develope the right mindset and perspective to take charge of your career.
PRODUCTIVITY, TIME MANAGEMENT AND SELF DISCIPLINE
How to deliver more in less time and remain focused on top priorities
- Time management and personal productivity
- Understanding your inner game and outer game
- How to overcome daily fire-fighting
- Building your focus muscles
- Developing new habits
- Urgency verses importance
- Advanced tools for higher productivity
- Strategic delegation
- Your personal SWOT analysis
Session Goal: Improve your work performance by doubling your productivity and enjoy quality of life
LEVERAGING THE POWER OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
How to create self-awareness and connect with people at a deeper level
- What matters: EQ verses IQ
- Left brain verses right brain - how do we make decisions
- Using the power of your emotional brain
- Four level of awareness
- Managing your stress
- Resolving conflicts
- Becoming charismatic
- How to develop integrity and trust
- Understanding and managing your ego
Session Goal: Use the power of emotional intelligene to bring a lasting change in your behavior and performance
PERSONAL BRANDING AND POSITIONING
How to build followership and attract opportunities
- Why personal branding?
- Discovering and positioning your personal brand
- Identifying your target audience
- Communicating your brand to the world
- Your online presence: how to let the world notice you
- Building your network
- Managing your reputation
- Characteristics of s strong CFO brand
- How to let recruiters find you on LinkedIn
Session Goal: Develop a strong internal and external image and build reputation
PRESENTATION SKILLS: THE WEAPON OF MASS INFLUENCE
How to become a public speaker and make engaging and influential presentations
- Why public speaking is a must for CFOs
- Challenges faced by CFOs
- Overcoming your fear
- Connecting with your audience
- Presenting numbers
- Keeping your audience awake
- Presenting at workplace - a starter's guide
- 7 Critical mistakes to avoid
Session Goal: Develop the comfort level to become a frequent presenter.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT AND TEAM BUILDING
How to build and lead a team of outstanding professionals
- What type of CFO you are
- Inspiring and motivating with your vision
- Employee engagement and enablement
- Skills alignment with work demands
- Goal setting and reward system
- Work-life integration
- Hiring, firing and retention
- Coaching and mentoring
Session Goal: Become an inspirational leader and role model
How to develop long term compelling relationships
- Why relationship matters
- Essential ingredients of a successful relationship
- Your relationship with your boss and management team
- Your relationship with your staff and colleagues
- Making friends at work
- Working with difficult people
- How to develop likeability
- Managing strategic relationship
Session Goal: Create a wide network of professional relationships at work and outside work
CREATING SERVICE ORIENTATION
How to develop a service oriented Finance organization
- What service excellence means
- How to achieve customer satisfaction
- Learning through Finance surveys
- Leveraging cross functional teams
- Over commiting and over delivering
- Driving change through Finance champions
Session Goal: Develop a Finance team that deeply cares about their non Finance customers
DEVELOPING STRATEGIC THINKING
How to do strategic thinking and create a strategic mindset
- How to understand and improve yourself
- How to understand and improve others
- Asking basic (but powerful) strategy questions
- Comprehending big picture
- Understanding products / markets / customers
- Blue ocean thinking
- How to create a vision
- Expressing your strategic self
Session Goal: Develop the habit of strategic thinking and become a strategist
How to drive and support the value creation process
- New business model of 21st century
- Prominence of intangibles
- What is value and how it is measured
- Value creation model
- Understanding value creation cycle of your business
- Identifying vale drivers through strategy maps
- Measuring customer and employee value
Session Goal: Understand the value creation model of your business
STRATEGIC PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
How to link operations with the strategy
- Limitations of current financial system
- From managing financials to managing value
- Strategic planing and analysis
- How to use Balanced Scorecard
- Business model assessment
- KPI and critical success factors
- Monitoring business performance through value drivers
Session Goal: Establish a system of organization-wide performance management based on balanced scorecard
MANAGING AND DRIVING YOUR CAREER
How to create a career plan and manage own leadership development process
- A re-assessment - where you are now
- Managing your career
- Your career plan
- Career goal setting
- Your ongoing professional and leadership development
- Going forward: coaching or mentoring
- Work life integration
- Your next career opportunity
Session Goal: Create a 12-month own leadership development plan
From Previous Participants
“It is the most effective and most practical CFO leadership training I have ever come across. The program contents are new and focus on building CFO Leadership skills. The program is taught with clarity and practical tips to make it easier to apply immediately”.Syed Khalid NoorCountry CFONovartis Pharma Pakistan
“Top quality CFO leadership contents. For such a nominal fee, the program offered great value. Lots of powerful concepts and tools shared. There is no such structured program available in the market. Trainer was fantastic and the concepts were explained very clearly”.Mohammed Afzal
Regional Financial ControllerChicago Bridge & Iron, UAE
“The program has helped me to learn tools required to do gap analysis, self-development and lead my career in a strategic way to get senior leadership role in future"Tauseef IrfanSenior Consultant, PWCNew Jersey, USA
“It is the best program; no other institute or body is offering such kind of program”.Ashit SanghviGroup Financial Controller, Fikree Pipe LLC, UAE
“Exhaustive practical areas for career growth kindled in short span of time for me to work upon, has been a vital and timely coaching for my career progress.”Biji DanielVice President Finance,Food Specialties Ltd., UAE
“The overall program was fantastic and full of insights of how one can be successful in becoming a CFO.”Nadeem IftikharGeneral ManagerAl Batool International, Jeddah, KSA
A TRANSFORMING EXPERIENCE
A UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION
- A uniquely designed CFO Leadership coaching program structured to build Finance leadership talent required by modern day successful businesses.
- Paced learning format for long term lasting results. 18 Hour of live interactive coaching spread into twelve, 90-minute weekly sessions.
- More than 300 slides full of research based proprietary contents provided.
- Complete audio/visual recording available on the same day for ongoing future learning.
- Unlimited access to the Program Coach through emails to ask any questions during the entire duration of the program.
- Two 30-minute, private one-on-one coaching and consulting sessions before and after the coaching classes with the Program Coach at the end of the program to discuss personal career plans.
- Complimentary seat at the 1-day live in-person workshop 'Mastering Presentation Skills for Finance Professionals'. The regular workshop fee of $995 is waived. Only $60 registration fee applies.
- Full refund guarantee until the end of the program if not satisfied.
A Brilliant Career with Top World-Class Companies across Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and United States
- Global Strategic CFO from Top Fortune 500 Cos.
- CFO Leadership Coach & Strategy Expert
- Founder, MECA CFO Academy
- Harvard Trained
ABOUT SALEEM SUFI
'What it Takes to Become a CFO' - 12 Week Live Online Coaching Program
Participants of 12-Week 'What it Takes to Become a CFO' Coaching Program
- “This is very comprehensive and effective program that gives all the elements in one place which are required to be a successful Professional”. Amberjeet Banerjee , Senior Finance Manager, Landmark Group, UAE
- “Great learning experience that changed my mindset and approach to pursue my career goals”. Muhammad Naeem , Financial Controller, Idroesse Infrastructure, UAE
- “The program is very educational, a lot of practical lessons were shared that benefited me personally”. Joanne Ortuoste , Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager, T&F Tax and Finance Group, UAE
- “Good program with lots of takeaways by way of tools and useful tips.” Ramakrishnan Ramachandran, Manager, KC International, UAE